Tuesday, November 6, 2007

When it rains, it pours!

Sitting in church this weekend, my dad challenged us to be on our guard because Satan is going to be working over time this week to discourage us. There's too many good things going on at Meadow Heights and in our life for that not to be the case. Well...happy Tuesday! Satan has been doing exactly that in our household this morning, and he's been on the move with a vengeance. Jason and I had a big argument last night that was STUPID, and I spent half the evening annoyed by Emma who has picked up the art of whining. (I think these are the pregnancy hormones talking...at least I hope so...) Anyway, then this morning, on the way to work my car started stinking and smoking like crazy. I pulled over at the neighbor's house so Jason could look under the hood and I'll be darned if there wasn't my cat dead on the highway. Talk about a crappy morning. I don't know what was worse--Emma crying because I was hysterical and trying to explain to her that our cat went to live with Jesus, having to bury the cat and being late to work and then explaining myself to colleagues, or chasing the dog away from Reney's sad little grave because he wanted to dig her up...

Jason says there's something up with the radiator, which could be a really bad thing. Hopefully the hose just slipped off and the antifreeze is just leaking. That shouldn't be too big a deal, but if the antifreeze leaked into the engine, we're in big trouble. And my poor cat...she looked so pitiful laying there in the road. It must've happened sometime this morning because Jason said she wasn't cold yet... Reney was a good old girl. A great mouser and snake cat. I have a lot of fond memories of her peeing in laundry baskets when she got mad at me, bringing snakes to my doorstep and dead rabbits into my house.... No really, I will miss her. She was a sweet cat--when she wasn't mad at me.

I guess Dad was right when he said we better be on our guard. I know Satan wants to keep us from getting a blessing by giving to the Imagine campaign, listening to what God is telling us, or robbing us of our time with Him. I don't want to jinx myself, but I do want to let Satan know that it's going to take a lot more than a smokin' Explorer and a dead cat to keep us from giving God the glory and honoring Him in the Imagine campaign. I'm not asking for any more trouble, that's for sure, but I also know that God will protect us and He'll provide, as long as we're faithful. So faithful we'll be, and we'll lose a few pounds walking in the meantime...

1 comment:

Mel said...

Just wanted you to know I read your blog this morning and I'm praying for your day. I think what says the most about our walk with God is even on our worst day we are seeking him and praising him. Even in the middle of everything today you knew God hadn't left you.