Friday, November 2, 2007

Facing the giants...

Well, last night ended Fredericktown's perfect football record. The Varsity team played the Central Rebels at 7:00 last night and ended up losing the battle 31-33. I must say, I don't really know much about football, but it looked to me like the boys didn't fight as hard as they needed to. There were lots of mistakes and turn overs and most of the extra points were missed. Hopefully, however, the boys will look at it as a learning experience and realize what they're going to have to do to beat New Madrid next Wednesday night. Even though Fredericktown lost last night's game, they're still the District Champions and they're moving on to the State Play-offs. If they can pull off a win against a very good New Madrid team next week, they'll move on the the State Quarter Finals on Monday, November 12. That game will hopefully be played at home. I'll be praying that God will keep all the boys safe, give the coaches wisdom and let the underdog team be victorious in however far they play!!!

I have to also brag on Emma in my post today. On the way home from the babysitter yesterday, she said, "Mommy, listen!" I asked her what she wanted and she said, "We have to pray." We ended up praying for Uncle Jas and his football game on the drive home. I have to say, my heart was full in that moment. Emma is just beginning to understand that we ask God for things and that we love Him and He loves us. Well, as least as much as a two year old can understand. I love the fact that her babysitter, Cindy Ward, is a Christian and that she exposes Emma to things of the Bible on a daily basis. We take Emma to All-Stars at church and talk about God and pray to God at home, but it's really nice to have her coming home from the babysitter singing songs about Jesus and asking me to pray. My biggest prayer for her is that she'll one day learn to love Jesus because she can't imagine doing anything else, and I love the fact that she has that instilled in her life everyday at Cindy's house!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Amanda,
That is so awesome to hear Emma asking you to pray with her!!