Thursday, October 18, 2007

Go...

When I think about launching the new AV campus at our church, it's so exciting to think that God is allowing us to be a part of it! I'm so thankful for our church leaders who are listening so closely to what God has to say and who are at the front of the lines when it comes to stepping out and trying something new. I must admit at the same time though, it's quite scary and a little overwhelming! I know that having faith in God should calm all those fears, but I'd be lying to say that change is always easy! When all this talk about starting a new AV campus came up, all I could think about was, "Wow, that's awesome, but God you better not ask me to go because I'm not leaving my church." I had to get used to the fact that the AV campus IS the same church, just in a different town! Now, I'm pumped about the new building and campus, and I'm really pumped about the coffee area at AV! (JUST KIDDING.) No really, I'm so excited about what God is doing in our church and I pray that God will show me just how I can be a part of it all.

I'm still reading Just Walk Across the Room. I'm about half way through. Remember, I have a two year old at home... Sometimes I feel like an idiot because I don't have the right words to spout out to someone when the subject of God comes up, but I forget that showing Jesus to someone is not always, or most often, taking someone all the way down the Roman Road! Just sending someone a note in the mail to brighten their day or to give a kid at school a side hug when they've had a bad day is just as much showing God's love as leading someone through the sinner's prayer. I pray everyday that God will help me to continue to see those moments of opportunity that I tend to pass up when I feel like I'm too busy to slow down!

No comments: