Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Finally...

Ok, well, I think I finally have my new blog figured out. Now if I can just remember to write in it on a regular basis, I think it'll be good. I'm more excited about having a blog to keep up with what's going on in other people's lives. I feel "out-of-the-loop" sometimes, so I'm excited to snoop and find out what my friends are up to!

I'm still reading "Just Walk Across the Room." I know we were technically supposed to be finished with the book a couple weeks ago, but being the mom of a 2 year old makes quiet time at home a little limited. I'm learning a lot though about how to just look at others and try to figure out what I can do to make them feel good about themselves or make them feel special. I think that when you're a member of a Life Group that functions as it should, you automatically get that feeling that you're loved and that you have a group of people who are there for you. I feel bad for those who haven't found that comfort yet for whatever reason. Whether it's because they haven't been compelled to join a Life Group yet, or whether they just don't feel connected to the group they're in, these people are truly missing out. That's why I've lately felt very strongly about doing the "little things" for people who don't know God. They may not have anyone in their life who realizes the importance of doing the "little things" that make you feel loved. I realize that anyone who reads this blog will probably think it sounds like a bunch of crazy ramblings, and it is. I have a lot going on in my head right now that a few people know and most wouldn't care anyway. At least I know where I'm coming from...

No comments: