Monday, October 22, 2007

BIG NEWS!!!!

Jason and I found out this weekend that we're going to have another baby! We're so excited! We've been trying to concieve for six months now, and finally, we get to share our news with everyone. We can't wait to see who God has sent to be a part of our family. We'd really like to have a boy this time, but another girl would certainly be a blessing as well. It was so fun explaining to Emma that we were going to be getting a "real baby" at our house. She's spent all weekend talking to my belly and telling me how she's going to be changing diapers and feeding our baby bottles. She looks in my belly button and says, "Hi, Baby!" Every time she walks past me she wants to look in my belly button and kiss my belly. I hope she's still excited when the baby finally gets here and takes up a little of her space as the center of attention!

You know, God uses all kinds of things to get our attention. Like I said before, Jason and I had been trying to get pregnant for six months. I was so disappointed every month when it didn't happen. A few weeks ago, I was sitting in church, and I heard God speak to me loud and clear. I was disappointed about the fact that I was having trouble getting pregnant, and God said to me very clearly, "Why haven't you asked Me to help you get pregnant?" The only answer I could muster up was, "Well, I don't really know." So I started asking Him. The next month, well, here I am, pregnant as I can be! I forget that God doesn't just want to hear our "big" prayers. He also cares about our everyday stuff. Sometimes all He wants us to do is ask Him to be a part of things! I'm so glad He spoke to me that morning, and I'm so glad I listened!

My mom figured up that I should be due on July 28. I'm not very excited about being huge and pregnant in the hottest part of the summer, but I'll take it. I decided I'll just have to get one of those double floating rafts and hang out in the pool all summer. I'm not looking forward to the maternity swimming suit either...maybe I'll just find a muu muu instead... Anyway, I wanted to make sure and share our news with everyone--God is awesome!

2 comments:

A Little Bit of Me said...

I am so happy for you guys!! God is Awesome!! :-) Love ya!

Rachel said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!